Core Aeration is the removal of small soil plugs out of the lawn. These small plugs of dirt will be left on the lawn to dissolve back into the soil over time, nourishing it with vital nutrients. Jesse's Lawn Care highly recommends aeration since aeration can improve the quality and health of your lawn in many different ways. Overall, aeration is extremely beneficial for almost all lawns, especially those with high traffic areas.
Here are several ways that Core Aeration can benefit your lawn:
- Decomposing thatch
- Encourage growth of beneficial microorganisms
- Increasing water, nutrient, and oxygen movement
- Improving rooting, creating a greener more lush lawn
- Enhancing infiltration of rainfall or irrigation
- Prevent fertilizer and pesticide run-off